What can you do with an old picnic table? Plenty. In fact, there are several choices for the do-it-yourself enthusiast. All you need is a little imagination, some common hand and power tools, and a bit of elbow grease. Before you know it, you’ll have a new looking picnic table or another piece for a variety of uses. Like the things you can do with old outdoor patio furniture
, you have options for uses of an old picnic table.
What can I do with an Old Picnic Table?
Alright, so this will require a little more of out-of-the-box thinking because, after all, it’s just an old picnic table. It’s not in high demand, even if it is in tip-top condition. So, you’re pretty much stuck with it. But that’s okay, because you can easily repurpose it. Just like things you can do with baby furniture children have outgrown
, you’ll have some alternatives to just junking it and throwing it out.
Do not let an old decrepit picnic table set the tone for your home’s curb appeal. Bring charm and purpose to this once-functional, now-forgotten piece of outdoor furniture by using a variety of techniques to repurpose and reinvent it into something gorgeous. Whoever said that picnic tables were only for picnics never pictured using it for anything else. —San Francisco Gate
But, if that old picnic table is in really bad condition, it might be time to retire it. Dismantle the whole table, starting with the top boards. Once those are removed from the frame, take the seats off the frame. Then, disassemble the frame itself. Or, if the table has a metal frame, and the metal is in good condition or salvageable condition, you can simply spruce up the metal by sanding and repainting it, then replace the rotted wood top and seats with new lumber. Here are some more ideas for what to do with an old picnic table:
- Restore it for continued use. Instead of junking it, you can restore it to its former glory. You can use the process explained above or just refinish the wood. Strip the wood, sand it, and then apply stain or primer and paint. In only a few hours, you’ll have a new picnic table to enjoy for many years to come.
- Make it into a rustic dining table. Another option is to transform it into a rustic dining table. You can follow the steps already explained, revive it, and then use it inside. If it’s too large, consider taking the bench seats off the frame to alter it enough, restore it, and then use wood chairs to make it into a dining table.
- Use it as a workbench. There’s nothing wrong with partially restoring it or completely refreshing it to use as a workbench. Just like making it into a dining table, you can remove the bench seats for more room to use the top.
- Turn it into shelving. Take it apart and use the various parts to make it into shelving to use inside, in the garage, or elsewhere. Use your imagination and part the lumber out to use as shelves. You can transform the lumber into a stacked shelf unit or hang boards horizontally.
- Part it into benches. Another option is to part the picnic table out to make it into two, three, or four separate benches. You’ll have to cut the lumber and reassemble it to repurpose it into benches for seating.
If you need to dispose of an old picnic table or need a junk removal service for other reasons, just phone 800-433-1094 or visit AAA Rousse Services
. We serve all of Florida and come to you to get the job done.