If you’ve become responsible for an estate home, and, you’re going to sell it, you’ll be faced with the task of hosting an estate sale
. You’ve looked through the property and wonder just what all this stuff can bring — if anything.
How to Hold a Fellsmere Estate Sale
Whether it’s an inheritance or downsizing, you’re going to try and get organized, and host an event. There might or might not be a sentimental attachment, and, either way you are likely to miscalculate values. If you have an attachment to something, you’ll be biased and inflate its real value. On the other hand, if you just want to be rid of it, you’ll practically give it away.
You don’t have to be rich or liquidating a large estate to hold an estate sale. They can be profitable even if you’re downsizing into a smaller home or going through a divorce, or when faced with valuable but unwanted inheritances.
The real trick comes through organization — that’s where you ought to start. Group together like possessions and place these in separate piles or stations. Next, you’ll have to develop workable logistics, particularly if people will be coming in and out of the home. You’ll need to create a flow and be able to answer questions. One thing you can do is to consult a professional estate sale coordinator.
Estate Sale Hosting Guide
These experienced individuals not only help you with planning the sale, but also, valuing various items, and, identifying rare valuables. In addition, you’ll have someone that knows how to promote the sale. Should you want to skip that route to maximize sale revenue, do the following:
- Sort and place non-sale items out of sight or off-site. Unlike a garage or yard sale, customers will go into the home. During these sales, it’s common for people to pickup anything that’s in sight. So, if you don’t want to sell this or that, either put it away or store it offsite.
- Take time to declutter the home and give it traffic flow. This is a great time to donate what you can to local charities that you might not otherwise be able to sell. If there are things which are in bad condition, just phone a junk hauling and removal service to provide pickup and haul away.
- Merchandise goodies on tables and cabinets. All items for sale should be within easy reach and clearly priced. You’ll likely still negotiate sales, but, you’ll also sell more if it’s well organized and easy to access.
- Learn when sales are most commonly held. In some cities, it’s common to hold an estate sale through an entire week, starting with a pre-sale. In other localities, it’s preferable to host estate sales on a single or couple of weekends. Learn which and be sure to check the weather so you don’t schedule the sale on a rainy, snowy, or just ugly day.
- Station help throughout the home. In most instances, one person won’t be able to handle the entire event. Enlist help and color coordinate to let people know the go-to people stationed throughout the property. In addition, have at least two point of sale locations, which work best near the entrance and exit.
When you’ve set on a date, advertise in local publications, online, and through social media. The more you are able to get the word out in advance, the more successful the event will be. For help with junk removal, just phone 800-433-1094 or visit AAA Rousse Services