How to Make Kitchen Organization SimpleThe best place to start is to take inventory of what you have on-hand. Chances are excellent there are plenty of things tucked away here and there which are old, out-of-date, or something you’ve totally forgotten about that can actually be handy. So, begin by pulling everything out of the cabinets to start. This is particularly helpful if you’re going to prepare for a kitchen remodel. When you empty the cabinets, you’ll find duplicates, unused items, and things that are no longer useful.
Cooking, baking, and preparing food is a lot more enjoyable when you have an organized kitchen. Some of us don’t have the luxury of a large and modern kitchen, but that doesn’t mean we can’t use a few affordable and easy little tricks to make our lives easier. —Listotic.comNext, organize all that stuff into like groups, prioritizing what you most use to be put back last so it’s readily accessible. Then, go on to empty all the drawers in the kitchen and do the same. Repeat this step with the panty and then clean out the refrigerator and freezer. With each of these steps, throw out all expired items, broken items, and so on. You’ll find by doing this, a lot of space will free up and give you a sense of more room. Here are some more helpful tips for how to make kitchen organization simple:
- Use clear containers for storage. When you store items in cabinets, you should be able to easily identify what’s inside. The best way to accomplish this is to use clear containers. Store like items together in the same space.
- Store extra containers and lids together. Since you’ve already purged all the excess, unneeded, and broken stuff, you’ll probably have some extra storage containers left over. Discard any containers without lids and/or any that have come to the end of their useful life. Then, store extra containers and lids together.
- Take advantage of all the vertical space. Hooks, racks, and more can really be big space savers. So, take advantage of these vertical storage solutions where you can. You’ll find it’s easier to retrieve things when you need them and gives you more free space.
- Put in a few Lazy Susans. The magic and convenience of Lazy Susans cannot be understated. These rotating trays make retrieval easy and are perfect for such things as oils, as well as other cooking ingredients. You can also use these in the refrigerator.
- Install drawer dividers. Although not exactly high-tech, drawer dividers are an ideal way to organize drawers. By using drawer dividers, you’ll prevent chaotic overflow with things on top of one another.