Top Used Lawn Equipment Disposal Don’ts to AvoidIf you’re faced with lawn equipment disposal, don’t despair. There are some options available. What you don’t want to do is make the situation go from bad to worse. And, it can easily do so, if you make the wrong choices. For instance, don’t drop it off on an empty lot or throw it by the wayside. That’s illegal dumping and it’s definitely nowhere near worth the risk.
Riding tractors and walk-behind mowers cut the time it takes to mow the lawn, but no matter what type you use, eventually it needs replaced. Deciding what to do with the old one depends on the condition it’s in and how enterprising you are. Some mowers can be sold for a little money, but you may prefer to donate it or recycle it. —Hunker.comAlso, don’t put it out on the curb. Your local trash collection agency won’t touch it. (This is due to the fact there are hazardous materials involved, as well as some recyclable parts.) Additionally, you can’t ignore it because you still need as much space as possible.
Miami DIY Lawn Equipment Disposal Tips and TricksSo, now that you’re faced with lawn equipment disposal, what do you do? How can you get rid of that stuff with as little hassle as possible? Well, there are some options available:
- Sell it. Even though it might not work or work properly, there are local lawn care services which may take it off your hands. Reach out to see if there’s any interest.
- Donate it. Another option is to donate it to a local shelter, a nearby school, or even a church. These organizations might welcome a gift and you’ll get a small tax break.
- Recycle it. Conduct a simple online search for lawnmower recycling or lawn equipment recycling and see what pops up. While this might be a viable option, you should know that there are usually restrictions.
- Give it away. Perhaps you know someone on the block who is good with tools and machines. If so, you might just give it away and at least it will then be off your hands.
- Junk it. For a machine that’s just too far gone to repair, then it’s probably time to junk it outright. This way, you can take the opportunity to unload even more junk along with it. We can help if you need junk removal in Miami.