Why Doing it Right is So ImportantIf you were downsizing a home, that’s one thing. All you have to do is throw out some stuff and move on. But, an apartment clean out is different. It requires you to really clear out the entire space and leave it in good and clean condition. Which means you can’t just pick up some stuff, move out the furniture and leave.
The last thing you want to do before you leave one home to start another is clean out the old place. But alas, it must be done, so just throw on some tunes, grin and bear it. If your place is just surface dirty and not damaged, how well you clean could be the difference between getting back your deposit money that has been held hostage for years or not. —Apartment TherapyInstead, you must take the time to do it right so you don’t cause yourself unnecessary trouble. And, it will cause problems, which might involve a financial penalty or even legal trouble, which you obviously want to totally avoid.
Apartment Moving in North PortFor renters, apartment moving is a dull and unwanted job. But, it’s got to get done to get your deposit money back. So, here are a few helpful apartment cleanout tips and tricks you can use:
- Clean the kitchen. The kitchen and bathrooms receive the most scrutiny because these collect a lot of filth. Grease in the oven, spills in the refrigerator, stains on the countertops, the list goes on and on. Clean and disinfect all surfaces, including the cabinets and appliances; leave no trace of dirt or food in the kitchen.
- Clean the bathrooms. Like the kitchen, the bathrooms will require the most elbow grease to rid the spaces of hair, soap scum, mold, and more. Be sure to empty all storage out, then take time to clean and disinfect each and every surface, down to all corners and crevices.
- Cleanup the entire living room. The living room will not go unnoticed and it needs to be clean and empty. Do your best to clean the floors and fill all holes in the walls. It helps to wipe down the walls as well as the baseboards. If there’s chair railing or wall trim, wipe it down, too.
- Cleanout the bedrooms and closets. The main thing with bedrooms and closets is the spaces are empty and clean, just like the living room. Here again, wipe down the walls, clean the floors, and fill any holes in the walls.
- Wipe down all the windows and doors. Take time to wipe down every door and clean every window. These typically are smudged and the extra effort will go a long way to getting your security deposit back.