Home Workout Disposal ChallengesIf you’re reading this, you’ve no doubt run into a very stark reality. You might have even tried hauling it out to the curb only to discover the local trash collection agency won’t touch it.
If you are tired of looking at that old treadmill in the garage, you’re not alone. Lots of Americans buy exercise equipment they end up not using. If you’re one of them, you can do yourself (and the world) a favor by donating the unused equipment to charities or individuals that will put it to good use. —Live Strong.comWhat’s more, if you leave it out near the street, you might get hit with a property code violation fine. That’s certainly not something you want to happen but it could. So, you need to find a way to get rid of it for good.
Bloomingdale Home Workout Equipment Disposal OptionsIf the home workout equipment is in good and usable condition, there’s really no reason you can’t offload it. Although, this will take a bit of time and effort on your part. So, here’s a few suggestions for home workout equipment disposal you can try out:
- Sell it locally. If the exercise equipment is in useable condition, you should attempt to sell it locally. Keep in mind you won’t get much money in return but that’s not your ultimate goal. Your goal is to get it off your property. Advertise online, hang flyers on cork boards, and more to let people know it’s available.
- Donate it to a local charity. Another option, if that exercise equipment is in good, usable condition, is to donate it to a local charity. Or, even a school might take it off your hands.
- Give it away. Since it’s out of date and used, you might consider just giving it away for free. Because it doesn’t cost anything, you’re more likely to find an eager taker. Just ask around and post it on social media.
- Try consigning it. Another option is to consign it or sell it to a local sports equipment resale store. You might have a bit more luck this way, depending on its overall condition.
- Just junk it. Should it not be in good, usable condition, then just have a junk removal service pick it up and take it away. This way, you’ll be done with it in no time.