Above Ground Pool DisposalBefore you begin draining the pool, know where you’re able to haul it away. Since most above ground swimming pools are a combination of composite materials, plastics, and metals, said materials will be disposed of in three. The plastics will likely be recycled materials, while the composites will be a combination of recycled and junk garbage, leaving the metal, which can be sold as scrap.
There are several reasons for taking an above ground pool down, but regardless of why you are doing it, the concern is how to do it. When you take the pool apart, it is important to do it in the proper order so that nothing, including yourself is at risk. If you have the original boxes that all of the parts came in, it is a big help in the dismantling process, but by no means is it essential. —Hunker.comThere are typically two or more types of metal in an above ground pool, and that means you can strip those of anything else and sell the metal for some extra cash. If you’re unsure about what to take where, hire a professional junk removal and hauling service to dismantle it and dispose of it.
Cape Coral Above Ground Pool RemovalHere’s how to go about an above ground pool removal job DIY style:
- Drain the pool of water as much as possible. This might take an entire day, depending on the size and the drain rate, but try not to leave any or very little water inside.
- Remove the top fastening caps from the walls, one by one. Do this from outside the pool itself to avoid injury.
- Unfasten the pool liner, working in a circular manner. If you plan on saving it, put it to the side for cleaning latter on, then allow it to dry completely before folding it up and storing it.
- Unbolt the walls from the frame and separate the metals in two piles, one steel and one aluminum. You can tell the metals apart by using a magnet, as it will stick to steel but not to aluminum.
- Place all the parts in a trailer or truck and haul the dismantled pool away.
- Treat the area where the pool stood with grass seed and fertilizer to regrow the grass.