Kids’ Backyard Playset Dismantling SafetyBefore you begin taking it down, whether you’re going to junk it or not, you should be familiar with some basic safety protocols. You should know ahead of time where to dispose of the various materials. Additionally, check the weather forecast so you aren’t unpleasantly surprised. Always keep the work area off limits to children and pets.
For many families, a backyard playset or swing set means hours of family entertainment. When moving, these families are often reluctant to leave their kids’ favorite outdoor play equipment behind. Moving a backyard playset is not nearly as challenging as people think it is. A few basic tools, a wide open Saturday, a truck and some helping hands are the only prerequisites. —MetroParent.comAnd, don’t tackle it on your own. Ask a couple or few friends and family members for help. To make it less strenuous, take time to clear a path from the backyard to the street. This way, you won’t have to struggle to get it from point A to point B. After all, you don’t want to navigate past tripping hazards.
Tampa Children’s Playset Disposal OptionsIf you’re unsure what to do with the play amenity, you do have a few choices. Here are some kids’ playset disposal options you can try out:
- Sell it. Go online and put up a few local ads. You can price it cheap so it sells fast. And, with the stipulation the buyer is responsible for taking it down and transporting it. This is a great way to be totally free of it and put a little cash in your pocket.
- Donate it. Try a nearby school or church. If it’s in good, usable and safe condition, you might find a way to be free of it. Plus, you can claim a deduction on your taxes for an extra benefit.
- Give it away. If you are selling your house, then let it go with the transfer of ownership. Or, if you have a family member or friend that’s in need, give it away and be free of it.
- Give it away with the sale of the house. If you’re going to sell your house, there’s no reason you can’t throw it in as part of the deal (that is, if it’s in good, usable condition). Just put that in the contract and be done with it.
- Junk it all outright. Among all the kids’ playset disposal options, this could well be the best one. Call a junk hauler to come and get it so you don’t have to worry about dealing with it.