Clever Storage Space Solutions for Your Blountstown HomeWe love our stuff, and, to over-stuff our homes. Whether its sentimental value, functionality, or yesterday’s technology, it continues to consume more and more space. At some point, you really become serious about getting organized but when you realize just how much you’re dealing with, and, wonder what you can do to make a serious dent.
Think you don’t have enough storage in your home? If there’s a nook or cranny not being used, then there’s plenty of room to expand. Get creative ideas on how to maximize storage by making the most of your home’s existing space. —DIY NetworkWell, you can go the all-out guru route, opting to rearrange the attic to store things there. However, that’s just too much, and, it doesn’t do anything to lighten the load. So, here are some clever ways to get more storage space in your home:
- Get organized in a big way. We accumulate more stuff and have to stuff it away because of poor organization. Begin by decluttering down to the last crevice and separating out things you don’t use, don’t need, or are out-of-date. Put that stuff aside temporarily.
- Use storage solutions that really work, but aren’t fancy. There are plenty of storage products out there, but some are fancy and not really functional. Go for what truly fits your needs and for products that make retrieval a cinch.
- Break-out the plastic containers. Those plastic storage bins do work wonders, if you stack things in them the right way. Make use of plastic containers because these are typically transparent and protect your possessions.
- Rearrange prime storage real estate. The top of the closet and back of cabinets and pantries are where least used items should go. Rearrange prime storage real estate to get the most out of them and be sure to purge as you go.
Even More Creative Storage Space Solutions You can UseWhile these are certainly some very helpful tips, here are some more ways to get more storage space.
- Go vertical where it’s possible. We tend to think horizontally and deep when it comes to storage, but up works quite well. If you clear out your closets, consider installing vertical solutions to get the most out of the space.
- Measure before you buy. If you need more storage bins, do yourself a huge favor and measure the space where they’ll go at least twice. There’s little that’s more frustrating then trying to cram something in a space that’s just a bit too small.
- Label everything and put the most used items within easy reach. Getting organized means being able to tell what is where, and, having frequently used items within quick reach.