What can I do with an Old Dining Set?First and foremost, if you’ve got to start thinking outside the box. In most homes, there’s little to no need for two dining sets, or, perhaps that’s just the right answer. For instance, if you have a sunroom or pool house, these are two spaces where and old dining set would be ideal. If it looks worn, you can simply re-stain or paint it, much like refacing kitchen cabinets to give it new life. If that’s not a viable or interesting option, there are more alternatives.
You are not stuck with a dining table you don’t like, even if you can’t afford to buy a new one or have to stick with the one you have for some reason. There are things that can be done, of the DIY variety, that can spice up a dining table and add a little delight to your dining room. —Apartment TherapyAn old dining set has other uses. If it’s still functional, meaning the legs are sturdy and the chairs won’t collapse if someone sits down, you can do other things with it. Here are some more interesting and useful things you can do with an old dining set:
- Create a workbench. Perhaps you’ve always wanted to put a workbench in your garage, but, didn’t want to spend so much money on something you won’t use very often. That old dining set can serve as your new workbench, just by placing it wherever you’d like.
- Transform it with stain or paint and fabric. Practically every furniture piece is salvageable and you can take advantage by brushing on a fresh coat of stain or paint it an entirely different color. Put new fabric on the chairs and you’ve instantly got a new dining set for just pennies on the dollar.
- Cut into two halves to make outdoor high tables. Get some matching table legs, cut the old dining table in half or just dismantle it into two and use it as two new high tables for your outdoor living space.
- Shorten the legs to use as an extended coffee table. You can also saw the legs to shorten them, then, you’ll have a new coffee table. Taking another step, stain it again or paint it another color.
- Donate it to charity, or, clean it up and sell it online. If you just don’t have the space and want to rid yourself of an old dining table, clean it up and donate it to charity. You can also opt to sell it online.