Options for Getting Rid of a Kids’ PlaysetSome parents opt to refresh a kids’ backyard playset. With a little paint, some new hardware and a whole lot of TLC, a playset can be completely redone. Another option is to rearrange it, adding or removing parts. For instance, the toddler swings can be replaced with a porch swing. Or, the open slide might be replaced with something else, like a ladder or tunnel slide. Of course, you can always choose to do a kids’ playset dismantle and disposal.
For many families, a backyard playset or swing set means hours of family entertainment. When moving, these families are often reluctant to leave their kids’ favorite outdoor play equipment behind. Moving a backyard playset is not nearly as challenging as people think it is. A few basic tools, a wide open Saturday, a truck and some helping hands are the only prerequisites. —MetroParentBut, if the playset is no longer a wanted amenity, then you’re probably looking for ways to get rid of it. When it’s gone, you can easily reclaim the space for another purpose. But, once the playset is gone, you’ll likely have to deal with its toll on your grass. It will leave indentations and brown spots on the grass. So, you’ll probably have to re-sod part or most of the area where it stood. However, to get to that point, you’ll first need to select one of a few options for getting rid of a kids’ playset:
- Sell it locally. One of the best ways to rid your yard of a kids’ playset is simply to sell it online locally. You should include as much information about the set and before you place an ad, be sure to check to see if it’s on recall or dangerous product lists.
- Donate it. The church down the road or the new charter school which is scheduled to open in the near future are just a couple of examples where you might be able to make it a donation. Call around to different organizations to learn if it’s a feasible donation. Keep in mind, there are charities and organizations which will not accept such a donation.
- Give it away. If you have a neighbor, coworker, friend or family member expecting children or with small kids, this is a great gift. You can give it to them for their children to enjoy for several years to come.
- Junk it. There are kids’ playsets which are simply beyond salvaging. If the playset is in unusable condition or is worsening in its integrity, just call a professional kids’ playset junk removal service to take it off your property.
- Sell it with the home. Yet another option is to sell it with the house. If you are selling the property and the set is in good, usable condition, then just let it go with the house. It can act as a selling feature, especially for buyers with small children.