Spring cleaning and garage clean out go hand in hand. Unfortunately, too many people stuff their garages with all kinds of items and lose the space. That means having to park in the driveway, on the street or even on the side of the house. Sooner or later, the garage turns into a storage space, devoid of any organization. But, if you apply a little elbow grease and do garage clean out right, you'll have a great space to park your car and store a bunch of items.
Spring Cleaning Garage Clean Out Tips You can Use
One of the largest problems with this type of work is dealing with the hazardous materials. Many people store all kinds of chemicals and other materials which are toxic or dangerous in one way or another. Even if it's a rental home clean out you're in for, it's very important to properly handle those hazardous materials, whether you're going to keep them or dispose of them. Also, there are other dangers -- like power tools.
If you're like most of us, your car is a five-figure investment that you can't do without. Why leave it outdoors, where it can suffer damage from UV exposure, bird droppings, and tree sap? (And climbing into a scalding-hot vehicle in summertime is no fun.) Storing it in a garage will keep it a lot cleaner and could help prolong its life. --This Old House
Putting safety as your top priority will pay huge dividends and help you avoid all kinds of potential injuries and heartache. There's just no reason to be unnecessarily exposed, so remember to take your time and go step-by-step with caution. Now, it's time to jump into the garage clean out so you can reclaim the space and use it for what you most want. Here are some helpful spring cleaning garage clean out tips you can use:
- Empty it instead of shuffling. If you want results faster and without as much effort, do yourself a big favor and empty out the garage completely. Don't try to shuffle items around because you'll never have a clear visual of its potential. Empty it out and then you'll have a blank slate to work with.
- Purge as much as possible. Next, go through everything and purge, purge, purge. You don't need to hold onto a hitch bike rack that's missing parts and is beginning to rust. You also don't need that old fitness equipment you've never really touched. Make a commitment to purge and you'll save a lot of time and effort.
- Place like items together. Once the junk is set aside and/or thrown out, it's time to start grouping like items together. By doing this, it's easier to prioritize what needs to be in easy reach and what can be put more out-of-the-way.
- Store according to use. When you start putting things back into the garage, it's very important to store items according to use. What you'll need the most goes in an easy to reach place, while other stuff can be put away.
- Use vertical space. Shelving and other vertical storage options are great because they not only keep things organized, they also save a whole lot of space. Whether it's racks, shelves or something else, it will be a big help.
If you need help with garage clean out, just phone 800-433-1094 or visit AAA Rousse Services. Our team provides the best assistance for garage clean outs and will save you a lot of time and money.